Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Dip--Entry 10

These past few weeks, I've been reading the book, The Dip, by Seth Godin.  This book made me laugh with his witty one-liners, although I knew he was serious about what he was writing.  It also made me wonder and think about my current situation, and what I want to do with my future.  There are things that I keep talking about: writing, going back into dance, starting up a movie theater business, etc.  And as I wondered if these things were worth sticking through the Dip or quitting before getting stuck in a dead end, or failing miserably, I realized that it is a very difficult task to start many different project all around the same time, because then I would fail.  At all of them.

I was able to go back through my thoughts, and I realized that I would only pick two to work on, but only one at a time so I don't get stressed out or overwhelmed (which I easily am).

1.  Write, write, write.  I am horrible with getting my writing schedule down!  But I am going to do it!  I am going to stick through this Dip I am in and buckle down and do it.  It is something I am passionate about, and I am not going to be all talk anymore.  I am going to write!

2. I'm going to keep learning how to run a business, build a business, start a business, etc.  This way I will be more ready when I am ready to start my movie theater business.  I love movies, I love going to the movies, and I'm going to do it one day.  Just not yet.  I'm going to focus on something that will definitely help me stay at home more often and this isn't it just yet.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to read The Dip.  It has enlightened me and my way of thinking for my future endeavours.  Especially this quote from the book, "Quit or be exceptional.  Average is for losers."  I want to be exceptional in what I do.  I know it may take time, but I'm willing to work through it.

The Dip by Seth Godin

No comments:

Post a Comment